Search the Smyrna Business Association events calendar below. Stay up to date on events and things to do in Smyrna this month! Whether you are looking for early morning networking, business luncheons with exciting speakers, or after hours events with drinks, food, and fun, then the Smyrna Business Association has you covered!
We welcome you to explore our upcoming events and activities for the month. Check back each week to make sure you don’t miss out on any major networking opportunities!
Also, for mobile updates, text “smyrna” to the phone number, 63975.
- This event has passed.
Special Program: COVID-19 HR Discussion and Q&A
April 10 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
VIDEO REPLAY BELOW:
Join the SBA for a webinar discussion on HR and employment issues as businesses deal with COVID-19.
Friday, April 10
11:00am – 11:30am – Virtual Small Group Networking (optional)
11:30am – 12:30pm – Speakers discussion and Q&A
Dedre Brown, Business Services Recruiter, Georgia Department of Labor
Sheri Oluyemi, Employment Law and Business Attorney, Law Office of Sheri Oluyemi, LLC
The event is free but attendees must preregister.Program Registration
Some topics and questions to be addressed in this webinar include:
- Partial versus total unemployment claims
- Difference between furlough and laid off.
- When does an employer file?
- When does a employee file?
- What information do you (as an employer) need to file a claim?
- What is the process?
- How do you know if you qualify?
- Can independent contractors or gig workers file for unemployment?
- Have there been any changes to the unemployment amounts?
- If my employee contracts covid-19 what are my obligations for disclosure to other employees? What can and can I not say?
- If my employee has to cease work to care for a minor child or dependent who contracts COVID 19, am I obligated to still pay them?
- The employee can telework and will not lose any hours. Do I still have to provide paid leave?
- Can an employer require an employee to use banked PTO in lieu of the new leave?
- Can an employer fire an employee who refuses to show up to work?
- What are some best practices for employers to manage their staff during the outbreak?